About Santander International
We offer banking and savings accounts to Channel Island and Isle of Man residents, UK residents, UK expatriates, foreign expatriates and international customers. We also offer mortgages on Jersey and Isle of Man properties.
Jersey and the Isle of Man
We have branches in Jersey and the Isle of Man providing island residents and international customers with a friendly, professional service for their banking needs.
Jersey and the Isle of Man are leading international financial centres – they are well established and politically stable, renowned internationally for their high standards of regulation.
They offer the following benefits:
- Independent - both jurisdictions benefit from a special constitutional relationship with the British Crown. They work closely with Britain and often serve as a gateway to the UK economy, but neither are part of the UK nor represented by the British Houses of Parliament
- Tax neutral fiscal policy - both islands offer a clear and tax neutral environment. Investors pay tax in their own countries, without complex cross border tax issues and without paying tax twice
- Internationally recognised regulatory frameworks - a strong regulatory framework in both islands allows for clarity and transparency. The Jersey branch is regulated by the Jersey Financial Services Commission and the Isle of Man branch is regulated by the Isle of Man Financial Services Authority
- World class legislation - an exceptionally strong culture in anti money laundering and global tax transparency
- Depositor protection - both islands safeguard deposits for up to £50,000 (or currency equivalent) per person. The maximum of the Jersey Depositors Compensation Scheme is capped at £100m in any 5 year period
- Situs - Customers can choose whether they would like their account located (situs) in Jersey or the Isle of Man
Our global customer base
We offer banking and savings accounts to Channel Island and Isle of Man residents, UK expatriates, foreign expatriates and customers with international banking needs. We also offer mortgages on Jersey and Isle of Man properties. In addition, we provide corporate banking, commercial banking and business banking to trading entities domiciled in, or managed from, the Channel Islands and Isle of Man.
Accounts can be opened remotely and within 72 hours, subject to all relevant information and documentation being provided.
We serve customers who require banking services in a tax neutral and stable jurisdiction, with no foreign exchange nor capital controls.
Our Sterling accounts are also within the UK Bankers Automated Clearing System (BACS), which allows for the efficient management of UK centric banking needs and same day Sterling payments.
Our team of professionals build a lasting and trusted relationship and provide an exceptional service, backed up by banking and savings products to meet your financial needs. You may also benefit from access to specialised wealth services and investment solutions, through other parts of the Santander global network.
Strength of Santander Financial Services plc
Stability, financial strength and personal service are the pillars of our international banking proposition. Santander UK's structure is shown below:
Santander UK plc (ring fenced bank) and Santander Financial Services plc (non-ring fenced bank) are both wholly owned subsidiaries of Santander UK Group Holdings plc.
Long term credit ratings
We regularly review the Jersey and Isle of Man sovereign ratings and the long term credit ratings of Santander Financial Services plc and our peer group who have operations in the Crown Dependencies.