What information do we need from you and why?
Please provide us with as much information as possible when making your complaint. This will help us to understand the issue and resolve it quickly. Please include:
- Your name and address
- Your account details (if you are sending us the information by email, please do not include)
- A description of your complaint and how you have been affected
- When your issue happened
- A contact number (or other preferred method of contact) and a convenient time to contact you.
Why do we need this information?
- We want to be able to understand what has gone wrong. It is really important that your complaint reaches the right person, who can investigate and fix the situation to get you back to the position you would have been in had the issue not occurred.
- Your contact details will help us to get hold of you should we need to discuss your complaint, especially if we need any further information. Remember, calls from us may appear as unknown or withheld numbers.
What we'll do next
We promise to do everything we can to resolve your complaint as soon as we receive it.
For more complex issues we may need more time to investigate your concerns. If this is the case, we'll send you an acknowledgement letter outlining the next steps and when you can expect to hear from us.
We'll keep you updated of the progress throughout our investigation. We may also need to contact you for more information and where possible, we will use your preferred method of contact. We will then issue you with a final response which will outline the details of our investigation, how we reached our decision and what we are going to do to put things right.
The complaints process should take no longer than a maximum of eight weeks.
Using a solicitor, claims management company or third party
If you employ a solicitor, claims management company or third party, e.g. a financial advisor , to handle your complaint, we'll investigate your complaint in the same way as when we deal with you directly. Please be aware that:
- We don't charge to investigate your complaint
- We're not liable for any fees you need to pay for a third party's services
- If we agree with your complaint and we make a redress payment, we'll generally only make this payment directly to you.
If you are not satisfied
Should you remain unhappy with our response or resolution, you can contact the Financial Ombudsman to request them to review your case if you feel it appropriate.
The Financial Ombudsman will only consider complaints after we have provided you with written confirmation that our internal complaints procedure has been exhausted.
Please contact the Financial Ombudsman in the location where your account is held:
If your account is located (situs) in Jersey, please contact:
Channel Islands Financial Ombudsman
PO Box 114
Jersey, JE4 9QG
Tel: +44(0)1534 748 610
If your account is located (situs) in the Isle of Man, please contact:
The Financial Services Ombudsman Scheme
Isle of Man Office of Fair Trading
Thie Slieau Whallian
Foxdale Road, St John’s
Isle of Man, IM4 3AS
Tel: +44(0)1624 686 500