Go Wild with Durrell, Santander International and Jersey Reds!
As part of the Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust Go Wild Gorillas Trail, we are inviting children to enter a competition to design a rugby shirt which will be worn at a Jersey Reds home game match.
Who can enter?
Any child up to the age of 17 who is resident in Jersey can enter the competition. There are three age groups: 0 – 6 years, 7 – 11 years and 12 – 16 years.
What do I need to do?
To be in with a chance of winning all you have to do is use your imagination to create a design for a Jersey Reds rugby shirt that reflects the theme of ‘Rewild our World’. You can find inspiration by visiting Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trusts website. To enter the competition please create your design on the ‘Jersey Reds Rugby Shirt Competition’ entry form, remembering to include a design for the front and the back of the shirt.
The winner in each age group will receive a family membership for Jersey Zoo. The overall winner from the three age group winners will see their design being worn by the Jersey Reds players at a home game match on 9 November 2019.
- We must receive entries for the competition by 5pm on Friday 13 September 2019.
- We will aim to inform all winners within 21 days of the closing date.
- All entrants must be under 17 and should ask permission from a parent or guardian before entering.
- All entries should be submitted on the Jersey Reds Rugby Shirt Competition entry form.
- Prizes are subject to availability. If we are unable to provide the stated prize we will try to arrange an alternative prize of a similar value. No cash alternative will be offered.
For more information on how to enter and the Terms and Conditions, please read the ‘Design a Jersey Reds Rugby Shirt Competition’ leaflet. To enter you will need to download and print the entry form. Alternatively, you can come and collect the competition leaflet and entry form from our reception:
19 – 21 Commercial Street
Design a Jersey Reds Rugby Shirt Competition leaflet.
Jersey Reds Rugby Shirt Competition Entry Form.
About our Gorilla
Our gorilla has been created by local artist Oli Nightingale. The sculpture is the Jersey Reds’ new ‘Dream Signing’, Jersey Zoo’s own Badongo, rocking his shiny new boots and iced gem haircut. He features various references and links to the island, Durrell and Jersey Reds’ victories on his unique kit.
Watch this short video of Oli creating Badongo: