Visa Debit Card Holders
We continue to send out debit cards but please be patient as depending on your location postal services may be currently impacted and delayed due to coronavirus
Managing your money
If your income has been affected by the disruption from the coronavirus, we have options to help you. These include:
- No fees for missed payments
- Emergency cash backed loans secured against fixed term accounts
If you’re worried about your financial situation because of coronavirus, please contact us.
Managing your mortgage
Travel and holiday disruption
We may be able to help with the following:
- If you used your Gold Visa debit card and your travel has subsequently been disrupted*
- If you are abroad when plans change and require emergency funds
- If you’re having difficulty using your Gold Visa debit card
Please contact us so that we can help you.
* Please note that the terms and conditions of some airlines state that they will only offer a credit note or voucher for flights that are cancelled. If the airline is complying with the terms and conditions agreed to when the flights were purchased, this does not represent a disputed transaction. In these instances, where flights were paid for using a Santander International Gold Visa debit card, it is not possible for us to issue a refund.
Stay fraud safe
Unfortunately, fraudsters may try to take advantage of the current situation, so make sure you’re on the lookout for anything suspicious, including messages about coronavirus claiming to be from your bank. Remember, we’ll never ask you for your full PIN or password or ask you to move money from your accounts.
Accessing your account
If you’re unable to visit our branch or an ATM to withdraw cash, there are a number of ways you can stay in control of your finances from home.
- Online Banking gives you instant 24/7 access to your Santander International accounts from anywhere in the world. Wherever you are, whatever time it is, as long as you have an internet connection, you can log on and manage your accounts
- Online Banking is the simplest way for you to check your balance, make payments and much more from your smartphone, computer, tablet or other device
If you’re experiencing any problems with managing your money, we’re here to help. Please contact us.
Download our Coronavirus: Help and Support leaflet