Relationship Director – External Asset Managers
Closing date: 14/08/22
We are looking for a Relationship Director to join our External Asset Manager (EAM) segment, who will be managing regulated firms that manage underlying client monies as well as larger plc firms listed on an IOSCO compliant Stock Exchange. Client firms are typically investment firms, asset managers, law firms, trust companies, private banks, fund managers and PLCs. The EAM Segment operates across 3 booking centres, London, Jersey and the Isle of Man.
You will have strong working knowledge of FCA, IOMFSA and JFSC rules and guidelines with significant experience in developing business through established networks and connections.
As a Relationship Director you will:
- Focus on originating new to bank relationships within the agreed Origination and Client Coverage strategy and footprint model
- Manage and maintain a portfolio of clients who meet the requirements for EAM, ensuring excellent client service provision and exemplary corporate governance
- Be responsible for the maintenance and ongoing review of clients within the bank’s agreed AML and KYC policies and procedures
- Be responsible for personal performance targets incorporating assets under management, profitability and new to bank client acquisition
- Develop your network and own individual profile through the professional and business community to promote Santander International
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers; improving customer satisfaction to achieve divisional goals to significantly increase market share
- Have individual and / or sector incremental targets for assets under management, profitability and new to bank clients
- Have a comprehensive level of knowledge and competence across a substantial range of products and services and across the key processes as well as jurisdictions
- To be responsible for building new EAM banking client relationships through established networks and connections
- To manage newly created portfolio, ensuring excellent client service provision
- To carry out annual reviews with every client, ensuring thorough understanding of client needs
- To act as a personal single point of contact for client base, building long term relationships with these firms;
- To understand across all three Business Segments, the needs of customers and prospective customers in depth, and to work with them to find effective solutions to their business issues
- To support the EAM objective to extend and develop business with existing customers and the origination of new customer relationships for the core products of the Santander Financial Services business
- To operate and apply required processes, procedures and policies
- To adhere to all regulatory, KYC / KYB and AML requirements
- To adhere to all agreed SLAs and acts as escalation point for issues within teams
- To analyse MI and represent Front Office in Risk & Compliance & Financial Crime Governance Forums
- To work closely with both front line client facing stakeholders, and with appropriate areas within Line 2, Financial Crime and Compliance functions
- To identify and assess actual/potential risk – implement measures that comply with regulatory and legislative requirements, to contain impact across Company eg reputation, financial, legislative, ethical etc (SOX, RMS controls).
- To support the development and maintenance of a network of introducers in the professional business communities across the UK and Crown Dependencies.
- Your business plan will include defined business development opportunities and growth targets, leveraging UK and Crown Dependency networks/connections and knowledge of the Santander network
- To identify and analyse products and services required to meet EAM client needs;
- To monitor business performance in conjunction with market performance and continuously flex plans to enable performance targets to be met
- To work with others in the EAM team to determine appropriate marketing and business campaigns
- To adhere to fulfilment quality standards and take prompt remedial action to address shortfalls
- To ensure company complaints procedure is followed, and prompt response given to resolve complaints
- To continuously meet tight and unpredictable deadlines
- To follow correct procedures to ensure quality of service and fulfilment reflect both internal and external regulatory requirements
- To fully comply with requirements of SFS code, legal and regulatory requirements
- To fully comply with requirements of Company procedures, RMS and delegated authority levels
- To complete all relevant paperwork accurately and manage pipeline through to successful completions
- To understand the essential requirements of business and demonstrates concern for commercial success
- Have a high degree of knowledge about the market and uses this to create new business opportunities
- To effectively utilise internal and external networks to develop and pursue business.
- Organisational awareness
- Customer focus
- Delivering result
- Working ethically with integrity
- Communicating and Influencing
- Managing risk and control
- Developing business
- Strong working knowledge of FCA as well as IOMFSA and JFSC rules and guidelines
- Verbal and written communication
- Listening and questioning
- Proactive and service orientated with strong organisational skills
- Interpersonal & relationship building
- Quality conscious & professional
- Internal and external regulatory requirements
- Products and Services in Offshore financial services market
- Banking systems and processes
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to build effective relationships with stakeholders to provide a seamless service to customers
- Able to build effective relationships with support departments, including QRT, Compliance, Account Opening, Credit Risk, Operations, Marketing, and Treasury
- Significant experience in developing business through established networks and connects
- Strong organisational skills and proven ability to work remotely undertaking business development
- Significant private banking experience and ability to translate this into proposition requirements to meet private client needs
- Must be willing to travel to meet the needs and demands of the business and clients
- Hold, or be willing to study towards an appropriate professional qualification
There has never been a better time to join Santander International, so if you feel that you are looking for a career that will challenge, excite and motivate you, then you are looking in the right place.
This is a permanent role working 35 hours per week, with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Santander International has a fantastic culture, is committed to, and has a strong presence in our local community and creates a sense of belonging through great social events.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team or wish to know further information regarding this role please email Annette Cullen (Director, Human Resources) or Ryan Williams (HR Manager) or telephone +44 1534 828 166 or +44 1534 885 122. To apply for the role, please click on the apply button so you can submit your details and your CV and covering letter.
To apply for the role, please click on the apply button so you can submit your details and attach both your CV and covering letter.