Payments Team Member
Location: Isle of Man
Closing date: 10/12/21
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Customer Service Payments Team. We’re looking for someone with previous experience in an operational processing team with an ability to process payment instructions in an international banking environment and a good understanding of payment channels.
Working within a fast paced, dynamic and challenging environment we are looking for an individual who can work using their own initiative. You will have excellent attention to detail, the ability to prioritise workloads and contribute to a highly effective team.
We are looking for someone with experience working with banking systems and processes i.e. BACS/SWIFT/CHAPS.
- Operate and apply required processes, procedures and policies as defined by business policy and standards.
- Demonstrate compliance with all regulatory, Know Your Customer, Anti-Money Laundering and Fraud Prevention procedures.
- Identify and escalate issues, risks and concerns that relate to potential fraudulent activity, damage to business performance or Brand.
- Identify and assess actual/potential risk – implement measures that comply with regulatory and legislative requirements, to contain impact across Company e.g. reputation, financial, legislative, ethical etc.
- Identify operational issues/incidents to support timely resolution.
- Understand legal and regulatory framework and own responsibility in this area. Ensure adherence to set controls and challenge framework when appropriate to build robustness of process.
- Raise any suspicion of financial crime through the internal Suspicious Activity Report process.
- Maintain awareness of practices and legislation in relation to operational risks and financial crime relating to business area.
- Deliver quality service to customers, colleagues and other parts of Santander International.
- Process payment transactions accurately and within required timeframes and in accordance with Service Level Agreements and documented procedures.
- Identify and rapidly resolve non-complex problems impacting quality of service and customer relationships.
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency and service quality.
- Satisfy customers’ requests for service.
- Achieve personal targets for accuracy and error rates.
- Take action to improve the completeness of customer information.
- Take action to remedy or escalate customer complaints.
- Generate ideas to support continuous improvement in service and process efficiency
- Understand our products and their features.
- Contribute to achieving business performance targets.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships, understand their needs and identify opportunities to promote products.
- Be knowledgeable and capable of explaining the features, benefits and workings of products and services.
- Proactively develop, build and maintain flexible working partnerships in order to ensure effective operation of business area - people, processes, systems, channels and budgets.
- Act as an ambassador for Santander International with key internal and external stakeholders for the processes relating to the role.
- Constantly review processes to identify operational improvements to support business performance and establish best practice.
- Working as a team and team management
- Client and Customer Orientation
- Results Orientation
- Communicating and Influencing
Skills / Qualification
- Processing, Administration and Accuracy
- Risk Management and Control
- Information and Data Management
- Excellent attention to detail, the ability to prioritise workloads
- Service/Solutions Delivery
- Internal and external regulatory requirements
- Products and services in Offshore financial services market
- Experience working with banking systems and processes i.e. BACS/SWIFT/CHAPS
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a banking environment
There has never been a better time to join Santander International, so if you feel that you are looking for a career that will challenge, excite and motivate you, then you are looking in the right place.
This is a permanent role working 35 hours per week, with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Santander International has a fantastic culture, is committed to, and has a strong presence in our local community and creates a sense of belonging through great social events.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team or wish to know further information regarding this role please email Annette Cullen (Director, Human Resources) or Ryan Williams (HR Manager) or telephone +44 1534 828 166 or +44 1534 885 122. To apply for the role, please click on the apply button so you can submit your details and attach both your CV and covering letter.