Head of Product Development
Location: Jersey or Isle of Man
Closing date: 28/01/22
We are looking for a Head of Product Development, reporting to the Chief Finance Officer for SFS. This role is responsible for the ownership, delivery, performance, continuous improvement and development of all balance sheet products. As a member of Santander International’s Senior Management Team they will contribute to the broader operation of the bank and its strategy.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of five years in a product management role and be educated to a degree level, with proven experience in a Product Management role within the Banking sector, including overseeing all elements of the product management lifecycle. They must have a good understanding of banking technology preferred (e.g. Temenos Banking platform, nCino, payment and card systems, investment platforms).
- Reporting to the Chief Finance Officer (“CFO”) for Santander International, this role is responsible for the ownership, delivery, performance, development and continuous improvement of all balance sheet products.
- As a member of the Senior Management Team, they will contribute to the broader operation of the bank and its strategy.
- The point of contact for key stakeholders for all matters related to product development, including Customer Segments, Marketing, Finance, Change and Projects and to the SFS Executive Committee (“ExCo”). This function works with these stakeholders to apply business requirements to improve product performance.
- Supports Finance and the business segments for pricing changes.
- Analyses product performance and reports key metrics with a view to continuous improvement and balance sheet growth.
- Supports marketing with product changes and advertising.
- Understands Santander products and applies this to facilitate the continued growth of the balance sheet and profit & loss (“P&L”).
- Oversees competitor analysis
- Responsible for using existing and developing new products to support the sales functions in achieving budgets set by ExCo
- Focus and contribution to Balance Sheet and P&L performance
- Joint responsibility for Segment sales performance
- Use product information and analysis to improve the financial performance
- Ensure appropriate Governance is followed for product development and implementation. Including being responsible for the Group approval process.
- Proactively identify, assess, manage and report product performance information, highlighting any breaches of risk metrics / triggers.
- Support the Bank in meeting its business, legal, regulatory and stakeholder obligations
- Partnering closely with the sales segments to provide products that support the growth of the SFS Balance Sheet and P&L whilst providing excellent customer experience.
- Communicate transparently and effectively with internal stakeholders and third parties, sharing product performance and strategy and using stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to products.
- Support operational efficiencies, continuous process improvement and enhancing the end customer experience by identifying and/or enacting Product improvements.
- Engage with business units to fully understand core strategies in each area and measure how well the product offering supports those goals, proposing product changes and improvements as required to enable key objectives.
- Product expert and ‘go to’ for both sales and support functions. Working with the Sales teams to provide products that facilitate customer growth and loyalty.
- Build a network within the Group, notably the Wealth Management Division, to support the implementation of new products and utilise Group functions for support.
- Thorough understanding and support of the broader business strategy, develop and manage products that are aligned to achieving budgets / 3 year plans.
- Working with the CFO to ensure products are fit for purpose to support the Sales functions to achieve their targets.
- Knowledgeable about Santander International and industry wide products.
- Performance focused and driven by success.
- Decisive and able to support your decisions with both experience and analysis
- A good collaborator, leader and approachable to all people within Santander International and the Group.
- Organised and motivated to work to deadline.
- A good communicator, with a variety of stakeholders at different levels of seniority and knowledge.
- Able to analyse product data and look for trends that can strengthen the product offering and provide competitive advantage.
- Committed to values-based leadership: compassion, openness, imagination and being nimble.
- Excellent organizational skills, exceptional communication (written and oral) and presentation skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex issues to technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven ability to build strong, cohesive partnerships with all areas of the business.
- Excellent analytical skills to ensure all products match business requirements and best practice. A highly focused attention to detail alongside a risk-based mentality.
- A good understanding of Banking products and ideally our systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in financial services such as banking, wealth management or asset management is strongly preferred.