Customer Operations Team Member
Location: Isle of Man
Closing date: 04/02/22
The team members will work as part of the wider Customer Operations Team, responsible for servicing customers across all segments including retail, corporate banking and External Asset Managers. They will be delivering excellent customer service to all customer segments ensuring that all service level agreements (SLA’s) are met and that processing is accurate and in line with standards and policy, meeting both customer expectations and business requirements in all instances. They will support all aspects of the operational areas including inbound calls, outbound calls, all aspects of operational processing and adherence to customer instructions within internal SLA’s.
- Ensure adherence to customer operations procedures, standards and policy.
- Adhere to procedures ensuring understanding of implications and obligations under differing situs regulatory requirements.
- Understand the implications of controls non adherence, the legal and regulatory framework and the role that they play within the team.
- Identify and escalate issues, risks and concerns that relate to potential fraudulent activity, damage to business performance or brand.
- Deliver quality service to customers and internal stakeholders.
- Ensure ownership and rapid resolution of complex and straightforward problems impacting quality of service and customer relationships.
- Pro-actively identify opportunities to improve efficiency and service quality by regularly challenging and suggesting process improvement initiatives.
- Delivering excellent customer service through various communication channels such as telephony, emails and written correspondence.
- Able to meet regular deadlines, standards, regulations or demands for accuracy and may be involved in some challenging situations.
- Ability to effectively handle all level of customer enquiry offered.
- Contributes to the commercial plan by working closely with internal stakeholders to identify and support the development and growth of appropriate customer relationships.
- Strives to deliver ahead of service level agreement (SLA), balancing both customer and team needs.
- Knowledge of card systems, customer interaction and payment methodologies including fraud escalation and processes to include third party card service providers.
- Contributes to the achievement of team goals and objectives, team clearly working in one direction and in adherence to internal and external SLA’s
- Providing practical, technical and administrative help, and coordinating activities with others outside of the work group.
- Flexible to the needs of the team and others with whom there is a relationship in particular internal stakeholders such as Relationship Manager’s/Relationship Director’s across differing segments of the business.
- Ideas for business improvement recognised and shared in order to support operational initiatives and contribute to the operational process improvement framework.
- Work in accordance with cultural and behavioural guidelines.
- Communicating and influencing
- Working as a team and team management
- Client and customer orientation
- Results orientation
- Innovation and managing change
- Processing, administration and accuracy
- Risk management and control
- Service/Solutions delivery
- Information and data management interrogation/production
- Business and product knowledge
Skills / Qualifications:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive and service orientated with strong organisational skills.
- Interpersonal and relationship building skills essential.
- Quality conscious and professional.
- Understanding of role-relevant internal and external regulatory requirements.
- Able to analyse and evaluate issues, and sound judgement to determine appropriate actions/solutions.
- Ability to work of own initiative and prioritise own workloads.
- Emphasis on quality and accuracy at all times.
- Working towards a relevant industry qualification desirable.
- Previous experience and knowledge in the use of Microsoft 365 and other Office applications (Excel/Outlook/Visio/Word)
There has never been a better time to join Santander International, so if you feel that you are looking for a career that will challenge, excite and motivate you, then you are looking in the right place.
This is a permanent role working 35 hours per week and attracts a competitive salary and benefits package, including private medical insurance, contributory pension scheme (post probation).
Santander International has a fantastic culture, is committed to, and has a strong presence in our local community and creates a sense of belonging through great social events.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team or wish to know further information regarding this role please email Annette Cullen (Director, Human Resources) or Ryan Williams (HR Manager) or telephone +44 1534 828 166 or +44 1534 885 122. To apply for the role, please click on the apply button so you can submit your details and your CV and covering letter.