Customer Experience Manager
Location: Isle of Man
Closing date: 05/12/21
- Reporting into the Head of Operations, the role holder will be responsible for overseeing all operational aspects of complaint engagement and management including oversight of first touch complaints handled by the front line teams as well as internal stakeholder support, mentoring, coaching and providing feedback whilst liaising with all line managers across the business.
- The Customer Experience Manager will be responsible for complaint management adhering to internal Service Level Agreement’s (SLA’s) as well as Isle of Man/Jersey situs requirements as specified by the appropriate jurisdictional regulator.
- Seeks opportunities to share best practice with colleagues on how we can deliver a positive customer outcome and demonstrate empathy and understanding in all interactions.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with the Isle of Man and Jersey Financial Services Ombudsman, ensuring appropriate engagement in all instances.
- Reporting and managing of all complaints, liaising with teams and line managers and providing written resolutions and support to team members in the resolution of first touch complaints.
- MI production relating to service packs, controls and committee reporting as required (Executive Risk Control Committee and Compliance Committee, Senior Management Team/Executive Compliance Committee).
- Support the business in executing and overseeing all first touch complaints and contribute to the ongoing development of relevant internal processes and procedures. In addition play a key role in ensuring all instructions are adhered to within internal SLA’s and are executed and managed within approved risk criteria.
- Deliver excellent customer service to all stakeholders by ensuring that processes are efficient and accurate in line with standards and policy, meeting both client expectations and business requirements in all instances.
- The role holder must have technical competence across a wide variety of telephony and operational disciplines and assist in strategic directives to drive operating efficiency and process automation.
- Increase customer satisfaction by ensuring that the customer journey is engaging, efficient and effective.
- Map the customer journey across operational process and seek efficiencies through Operational Process Improvement Initiatives
- Guide the teams in effective client issue resolution and handle escalations.
- Develop listening points in the customer journey and identify opportunities as part of feedback for continuous process improvement.
Management Information and Visa Fraud Reporting:
- Weekly/Monthly MI collation and presentation for dashboard/committees/forums for the Operations Team
- Oversight and reporting of customer complaint trends with recommendations for appropriate action.
- Oversight of Visa Fraud trends and suggestions for performance improvement
- Communicating and influencing
- Working as a team and team management
- Client and customer orientation
- Results orientation
- Innovation and managing change
- Service/Solutions delivery
- Risk management and control
- Information and data management
- Business and product knowledge
- Processing, admin and accuracy
Skills / Qualifications:
- A professional qualification preferably in offshore banking, finance or people management/leadership.
- Existing experience in a people management role.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within financial services.
- Excellent working knowledge of offshore banking practices and working across various communication channels and disciplines such as telephony, email, online banking and telephone banking.
- Previous experience working within a senior complaints management role within the financial services industry.
- Detailed knowledge of card systems and payment methodologies including fraud escalation and processes.
- Ability to articulate and manage external third party relationships and stakeholder engagement i.e. Ombudsman and key internal stakeholders.
- A good appreciation of the legal framework/regulatory legislation and principles of the Law in the Channel Islands, Isle of Man and United Kingdom surrounding policies, procedures and complaint management.
- Familiarity with data and systems infrastructure that support market risk analytics.
- Demonstrable critical thinking and analytical skills.
- A process orientated individual with a strong appreciation of customer journeys, process automation, process improvement initiatives and with an understanding of digital innovation and change management.
- Proven leadership skills in order to deputise for Team Managers across the Operational areas as required.
- Previous experience and knowledge in the use of Microsoft 365 and other Office applications (Excel/Outlook/Visio/Word/PowerPoint).
There has never been a better time to join Santander International, so if you feel that you are looking for a career that will challenge, excite and motivate you, then you are looking in the right place.
This is a permanent role working 35 hours per week and attracts a competitive salary and benefits package, including private medical insurance, contributory pension scheme (post probation).
Santander International has a fantastic culture, is committed to, and has a strong presence in our local community and creates a sense of belonging through great social events.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team or wish to know further information regarding this role please email Annette Cullen (Director, Human Resources) or Ryan Williams (HR Manager) or telephone +44 1534 828 166 or +44 1534 885 122. To apply for the role, please click on the apply button so you can submit your details and your CV and covering letter.