Location: Isle of Man
Closing date: 05/06/22
We’re looking for a Compliance Manager who will act as the nominated Head of Compliance for our Isle of Man office. This role will manage the Compliance, Secretariat, and Governance team, reporting into the Head of Department. They will be responsible for ensuring that the Isle of Man business has robust arrangements for compliance with the Banking Law; related Orders; and Codes of Practice; ensuring that the Compliance Monitoring Plan is successfully completed and policies and procedures are within legal and regulatory requirements.
We are looking for someone with in-depth knowledge of the financial services industry, preferably within an offshore banking context, and who holds a relevant Compliance qualification.
Please note that this position is an Isle of Man Financial Services Authority (‘IOMFSA’) Controlled Function Role (R13 - Head of Compliance)
- Providing the business with advice on a range of Compliance issues
- Working with the wider Santander Group to ensure that Data Protection standards are maintained and updated in line with current and future legislation
- Mitigating regulatory breaches and accompanying financial fines
- Mitigating operational losses through efficient governance processes
- Ownership for all Isle of Man Regulatory submissions and correspondence
- Assisting with the formulation and review of compliance policies, standards and protocols to ensure continued adherence to regulatory requirements and an appropriate Compliance Culture is embedded within the business
- Engage with all business functions to ensure the implementation and embedding of relevant compliance policies, controls and standards
- Play a key role in supporting ongoing change programmes
- Manage the implementation and execution of the Compliance Monitoring Programme (‘CMP’) in the Isle of Man
- Raise awareness of key compliance issues across the business through regular communication
- Review and amend existing Compliance policies to ensure that the IOM controls and limits are appropriate and are approved
- Continually assess the Compliance framework and the requirement for new policies, guidance or procedures
- Designs, develops and produces accurate and timely reports to facilitate effective monitoring of Compliance issues
- Manage relationships with Isle of Man Regulated Financial Institutions (‘RFIs’), working closely with the relevant segment heads, including maintaining suitable registers, initial and ongoing visits and reporting thereon internally to the relevant forum/committee
- Ensure that the businesses have all relevant and required Compliance policies and procedures documented and approved by the Board, adopting Santander UK or Group policies where possible and appropriate
- Ensure legal requirements and Compliance emerging events are considered by the respective Boards and that proposals approved by the Boards to mitigate risks are communicated effectively to the business and are implemented within agreed timescales
- Management of the IOMFSA relationship for Isle of Man Business
- Management of relationships with external Auditors for the Isle of Man Business
- Contribute to industry forums and liaison with external bodies
- Development of effective relationships with internal parties
- Provide reports to the required fora on compliance with systems and controls
- Develops and maintains excellent relationships with senior management locally across the Crown Dependencies and in the wider Santander Group UK
- Data Subject Access Requests (“DSARS”) managed within Service Level Agreements in 100% of cases, and actions implemented to rectify root cause issues identified/trend analysis
- Innovation and Managing Change
- Communicating and Influencing
- Compliance risk management
- Regulatory technical expertise
- Risk, Management and Control
- Information and Data Management
- Service/Solutions Delivery
- Business and Product Knowledge
Skills / Qualifications
- In-depth knowledge of the financial services industry, preferably within an offshore banking context, including an understanding of the regulatory, statutory and governance requirements of operating in the Isle of Man
- Prior experience at senior level with an offshore operation within a Risk, Compliance and/or Anti Money Laundering Function
- Experience in presenting risk and compliance issues at a senior level within the organisation
- Must be able to act independently in the execution of duties and directly influence the business so ensuring appropriate action is taken where necessary
- Proven track record in providing advice and developing and owning solutions to compliance issues
- Previous experience and knowledge in the use of Microsoft 365 and other Office applications (Outlook/Word/Excel/Visio)
- Fully aware of personal and business’ obligations under Isle of Man legislation
- Experience of maintaining appropriate policies; applying procedures to monitor the business’ compliance with those policies to satisfy all relevant legislation
- Proven track record in providing advice and developing and owning solutions to Compliance issues
- Possession of a relevant Compliance qualification, diploma level or above, issued by the International Compliance Association (‘ICA’), or similar body.
There has never been a better time to join Santander International, so if you feel that you are looking for a career that will challenge, excite and motivate you, then you are looking in the right place.
This is a permanent role working 35 hours per week and attracts a competitive salary and benefits package, including private medical insurance, contributory pension scheme (post probation).
Santander International has a fantastic culture, is committed to, and has a strong presence in our local community and creates a sense of belonging through great social events.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team or wish to know further information regarding this role please email Annette Cullen (Director, Human Resources) or Ryan Williams (HR Manager) or telephone +44 1534 828 166 or +44 1534 885 122.
To apply for the role, please click on the apply button so you can submit your details and your CV and covering letter.