Business Development Director
Location: Isle of Man
Closing date: 21/08/22
We are looking for a Business Development Director who will build, deepen and maintain network relationships to attract new business, whilst maximising opportunities through events and sponsorship.
The Business Development Director will cultivate relationships across all segments - including high-net worth individuals, corporates, small and medium sized enterprises, trustees, asset managers, life companies, law firms, family offices, fund administration businesses and other wealth managers.
The role holder requires a comprehensive level of knowledge and competence across a range of banking products and services and across the key processes and their application. Growing the balance sheet in terms of assets and liabilities is the key strategic focus.
- Work closely with Marketing and Sales Directors to maximise opportunities through the events and sponsorship schedule.
- Work closely with Segment Heads to ensure up to date relevant knowledge in all areas of focus.
- Work closely with Relationship Managers and Relationship Directors to on-board new business.
- Work closely with the compliance and risk functions to ensure a strong knowledge of business appetite and process requirements for higher risk business (including submission to and presenting at the On boarding and Exit committee).
- Assist the IOM Managing Director and IOM Sales Director in the formulation and delivery of annual growth plans.
- Coach and develop junior members of staff on client facing skills, to include networking.
- The role holder will have individual and / or sector incremental targets for new assets under management, profitability and new to bank clients.
- The role holder will be expected to use their contacts and network to develop new business and incremental assets under management for Santander International. The role holder will be expected to undertake business travel as may be required to develop new business and new business relationships.
- Develops new to bank business plan for agreement with segment heads.
- Business plan will include defined business development opportunities and growth targets, leveraging Crown Dependency networks/connections and knowledge of the Santander network.
- Responsible for generating new client relationships through established networks and connections.
- Work closely with Relationship Managers and Relationship Directors to on-board new customers, ensuring excellent client service provision
- Understand all three business segments, the needs of customers and prospective customers in depth, and to work with them to find effective solutions to their business issues.
- Extend and develop business with existing customers and the origination of new customer relationships for the core products of the Santander Financial Services business.
- Support the development and maintenance of a network of introducers in the professional business communities.
- Communicating and influencing
- Developing business
- Customer focus
- Working with others
- Delivering results
- Managing external relationships
- Strong working knowledge of IOMFSA rules and guidelines
- Verbal and written communication
- Proactive and service orientated with strong organisational skills
- Quality conscious & professional
- Internal and external regulatory requirements
- Products and services in offshore financial services market
- Banking systems and processes
- Experience of managing a team of individuals with different levels of skills and experience
- Coaching / mentoring experience
There has never been a better time to join Santander International, so if you feel that you are looking for a career that will challenge, excite and motivate you, then you are looking in the right place.
This is a permanent role working 35 hours per week, with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Santander International has a fantastic culture, is committed to, and has a strong presence in our local community and creates a sense of belonging through great social events.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team or wish to know further information regarding this role please email Annette Cullen (Director, Human Resources) or Ryan Williams (HR Manager) or telephone +44 1534 828 166 or +44 1534 885 122. To apply for the role, please click on the apply button so you can submit your details and your CV and covering letter.