- Cheque books or cards are not available on Notice Accounts.
- Standing Orders or Direct Debits are not permitted on Notice Accounts. You may only make withdrawals, including closure, providing the required Notice Period of the Account is given. If insufficient notice for a withdrawal request is given, we will withhold the money until the full Notice Period is completed.
- The Notice Period starts from the date of receipt of your notification for the amount specified. Your money will continue to earn interest in the Account up to the date of withdrawal.
- You are solely responsible for placing notice of withdrawal, on an Account, as required. Under no circumstance will the Bank automatically apply notice on an Account.
- Notice may be given in writing by signed letter or by using Online Banking or Telephone Banking
- Notice to close an Account is taken on the balance in the Account at the time notice is placed. Additional funds may not be added after this time unless the closure request is withdrawn.
- The amount covered by an existing notice instruction may be reduced or cancelled at any time prior to the date of withdrawal, without incurring a penalty. This may be given in writing by signed letter or by Online Banking or Telephone Banking
- If you wish to pay the money from a Notice Account to a different financial institution, you must provide us with a separate instruction to the notice instruction. If we do not receive an instruction to pay away the money from your Notice Account before the Notice Period expires, the notice will lapse.
- You are not permitted to increase the amount of a notice instruction during the Notice Period. If you wish to withdraw additional funds you are required to give a new notice instruction for the extra sum required.
- Confirmation of the notice and the expiry date of the Notice Period will be sent to you in writing.
- The Notice Period will be waived if you are transferring money to another Account with us, which has an equivalent or greater Notice Period. This is unless the Account to which money is being transferred specifically excludes this facility.
- If transferring money to an Account with a lesser Notice Period, you only need to give the differential in the Notice Periods.
Please refer to the General Terms and Conditions for the Notice Account.
Subject to availability and may be withdrawn without notice. Rates and information correct as at 30 June 2020.